Tuesday, November 13, 2012

POOL EQUIPMENTS AND FUNCTIONS


Owning a swimming pool in your home and maintaining it is such a heavy tedious job, it being a long and monotonous repetitive one.  But modern technology has devised a pool equipment and spa control systems that allows the family full control of all pool and spa features, offering a new level of convenience for pool owners looking for an affordable, convenient pool and spa control system.   The system includes an easy to use control panel that is built-in to the out-door enclosure. This panel system allows for full system setup, programming, and everyday operation.  In addition, owners can access their equipment via optional indoor control panels, and wireless hand held remotes.  When used with the new ScreenLogic 2 interface, homeowners gain added control of their pool and pa from anywhere across the globe, using their iPhone, iPad, iPad touch, Mac or PC.  Plus, there is a model with an integrated Intellichlor salt chlorinating system for ultimate convenience and control. 

Pool Equipment

Quite a state of the art technology, its optional controllers for added convenience; indoor control panel (for 4 or 8 circuit system), a wireless controller (for 4 to 8 circuit system), a Quicktouch II wireless remote, a 4-button spa side remote, spacommand side remote, and mobile access.  All functions controlled with easy, one button access from the self-contained load center or optional controllers.  NO need to memorize operating sequences, open and close valves, or reset time clocks and thermostats.  Built-in diagnostics include automatic verification of the display, microprocessor, switches, indicators, relay outputs, valve outputs, sensor outputs, and communication ports, as well as a diagnostic screen that reports failures for troubleshooting and repair purposes. 

Knowing and following safety guidelines will help everyone enjoy their leisure hours safely.  Basic information of general pool safety are;


  • For adults and children – know your swimming limits and stay within them.  Don’t try to keep up with a stronger skilled swimmer.  Keep an eye on weaker swimmers if they appear tired encourage them to get out of the water and rest.   
  • Watch out for dangerous “toos”, too tired, too cold, too much sun, too much strenuous activity.  Get out of the water immediately for any of these situations occur. Stay off the main drain.  The suction from the pump could trap you underwater.   
  • Use common sense regarding food and beverages while swimming.  Do not chew gum or eat while you swim, you could easily choke.  Never drink alcohol and swim.   
  •  Use plastic instead of glassware in the pool area.  A general rule is enter feet first into water than head first.  Never dive into an above ground pool, they are too shallow.   
  • Always supervise children.   
  • Never use air-filled swimming aids as a substitute for approved life vest.  Never use flotation devices or inflatable toys to replace parental supervision. Children must be constantly reminded to walk slowly in the pool area and only enter the water with you. 
  • Don’t assume young children will use good judgment and caution around the water.  After you’ve done swimming, secure the pool so children can’t enter.
Having your own swimming pool at your backyard is fun and exciting.  Above all, swimming is really the best exercise for everyone. I would really want to talk about things over if you have any questions, concerns or to learn more about maintaining your pool equipment just visit us here.

31 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your tips on maintaining our pool equipment. I learn a lot on your blog because it was fully detailed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree to you Paul. With this tips your equipment like pool cleaner, pool pumps will long last.

      Delete
    2. I also agree with you Paul. Thank you so much for letting us know this one because I learn a lot on how to maintain my pool equipments and i had fun reading your content. Keep on sharing.

      Delete
  2. I like those info on your blog about the functions of a pool equipment. But before I read your blog, I don't know how to use some of my pool equipment and accidentally I broke some of it. Then it cause a leaks on my swimming pool. Do you have an idea on how to fix my problem on my pool equipment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem too. I tried to search online but I didn't find the solution on my problem. I think the author of this blog can help us.

      Delete
    2. I don't have an experience in fixing a problems about pool equipments but i am interested in your post so that i will prevent my pool equipment from any damages.

      Delete
    3. Hi Steve, One of the ultimate objectives with good pool maintenance should be to instate a policy… being proactive with your swimming pool. The majority of the time when we find ourselves over spending on pool related “stuff” it’s because we neglected some area of either our water chemistry or the equipment.

      Delete
    4. This is my suggestion for pump maintenance, On a weekly basis make sure the water level is appropriate. If you have an AWL (automatic water leveler) manually push it down to confirm it’s working accurately. During the summer months a pool can lose up to ½” a day in water – it only takes a week or so of the AWL not working correctly to potentially cause damage to the pump.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing this information. I will try to follow those steps so that I can always maintain my pool equipments in good condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patrick please add this on your activities on maintaining your swimming pool equipments; Every few months check the pump basket and pump lid o-ring. If you notice the lid o-ring is cracked, weathered or broken in any way, replace it. A $10 investment can save you big in the long haul. Remember, “perfect maintenance” ultimately comes down to being proactive – NOT reactive.

      Delete
    2. And also make sure your equipment runs right and timers are set for the right amount of time. If your pool equipment does not run in top condition, your pool will be much more difficult to maintain.

      Delete
    3. Hi Jonas, where can I find those timers that you are talking about? So that I will follow your tips. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. What should I do each week to keep my swimming pool operates smoothly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dale. Just completely back wash your filter and add chlorine to your pool everyday. After you do that, check and adjust water level as needed. The water should be half way up the skimmers.

      Delete
    2. I am agree to you Martin. I've experience a lot of swimming pool that has a chlorine so that they will maintain the cleanliness of their pool.

      Delete
  5. Hello arlie. There are more kinds of timers for pool equipment, but I think Intermatic T104P3 Pool Timer Indoor/Outdoor 220V -Plastic enclosure is the one that you will maintain on the right amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. I have a sand filter and I'm getting a lot of sand in the bottom of my pool. Do you think there is something broken inside the filter, or do I have another problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paul Howard, I think there is a damaged on your sand filter. All you can do is to check it and if there is a broken on that filter, you must replace it to a new one. So that you may continue using your pool. Goodluck!

      Delete
    2. Hello Paul. I am agree with Dexter. Just try his opinion if it is effective or not okay ?? I am sure to be back here for your response. Thank you!

      Delete
    3. Hi Paul. If you are getting a lot of sand in the pool there may be a lateral broken in the bottom of the filter. If this is the case, the lateral will have to be replaced.

      Delete
  7. How to install a under water lighting bulb?? I am sure to be back here for your response. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica, I know how to install an under water light bulb, but if I teach you here, I think I can make a long article because it is not easy to install that. You must have a tools to install it properly.

      Delete
    2. Hi Jessica. I am agree with Shawn Rivera because installing an under water light bulb is very difficult, you need to consult for the professional workers to put your under water light bulb perfectly.

      Delete
  8. This blog is very useful. But my question is, how do I get rid of the yellow dust on the floor and walls of my pool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your pool problem is on poor circulation or filtration. Backwash and clean the pool filter. Clean the skimmer baskets and pump strainer basket. The filter may need to be chemically cleaned.

      Delete
    2. Hello Jeffrey. The yellow dust on the floor and walls of your swimming pool is mustard algae. Apply the correct dose of pool shock, then use an algaecide that is specially formulated to stop the growth of mustard algae.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Floyd, That was also my problem. Now I can removed the yellow dust on the floor and walls of my pool.

      Delete
  9. Hello. I also have a problem with my pool. What are the black spots on the floor and walls of my pool? How can I remove those black spots? Please help me. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Paul, it so easy to remove those black spots on the floor and walls of swimming pool. Just use a bleach then brush it on the part that has a black spots. Hope it will help you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad that there are people hear who help each other to maintain their swimming pool. I solved the problem of my pool by only reading those comments here. Thank you so much guys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks a lot for those tips! These are truly helpful and I will remember these as the summer days approach. I hope to read more of your useful posts. Just keep updating on us!

    ReplyDelete